Nautical and seaside decor adorn the Shanty Grille - formerly the Crab Shanty - on the inside and out. Known for their seafood year-round, The Shanty has been an Ellicott City staple since 1978. Fresh, quality food that is creatively prepared is the signature of this popular, family-friendly restaurant. It is owned and operated by the King family. Customers can eat-in or take out.
- Hours: Monday - Saturday Lunch 11:30-2:30 Dinner 5-9 Fi/Sat til 10 Sunday Brunch 11-1:30 Pub Open 1 hour past seating times
- Handicap Accessible: Ramp located at entrance.
- Founding Date: Jul 01 1978
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Diner's Club, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Crabs, seafood
- General services: Catering, Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Specialties: Steamed crabs, crab cakes, fresh fish
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: Yes
- What makes this community special?: The community has been very supportive through the years.
- Cuisine: American, Bar Food, Burgers, Italian, Live / Raw Food, Sandwiches, Seafood
- Signature dishes: Crab cakes, Shrimp Scampi, steamed crabs
- What dish is most representative of the restaurant?: Crab cakes
- Price level: $$
- Reservations: Accepted
- Number of tables: 250
- Features: Brunch, Catering, Dinner, Happy Hour, Live Entertainment, Lunch, Private Parties
- Atmosphere: Bar Scene, Fun
- Dress code: Casual