First Evangelical Lutheran Church
First Evangelical Lutheran Church is one of the largest Lutheran churches in Howard County and is a part of First Lutheran the Baltimore-West Conference of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA). First Lutheran was originally built in 1956. As the church's congregation grew, new buildings were added in 1988. The newest round sanctuary was added in 1996 and can seat 600. In addition to the Senior Pastor, there are 16 staff persons at First Evangelical. The church has not only traditional services, but it offers special programs (youth, counseling, educational classes and special community activities). And if your young one is restless, there is a nursery on site. For additional information about special holiday services, group activities, nursery hours and classes, visit the First Evangelical website.
- Fax: 410-465-8700
- Hours: Office: Mon - Fri, 9am - 3pm. Sunday Worship: 8am, 10:30am. Education Hour: 9:15am - 10:15am. Nursery: 9am - noon (10 months - 3 years).
- Handicap Accessible: Wheelchair accessible and parking spaces -- low curb
- Parking: Free lot
- Denomination: Evangelical, Lutheran
- Services: Child care, Choir/music programs, Missionary programs, Study groups, Youth programs
- Recreational facilities: Yes