River Hill, Clarksville
- 2nd seed in the 3A East region
- Record: 15-4 in the county, 17-5 overall
- First game will be against the winner of Centennial High (14-8) vs. Stephen Decatur (13-10) on Thursday at River Hill at 6 p.m.
- Leading scorer - Walt Moody, senior (20.4 ppg) via Explore Howard
- The Hawks stumbled late in the season losing two of their last three, but "the good news is that Moody, the county's leading scorer this winter who missed the last two games of the season because of sickness is back" writes Explore Howard.
Oakland Mills, Columbia
- Finish undefeated in the regular season at 22-0 overall, 19-0 in the county
- Number one seed in 2A South region
- First game will take place Thursday at 7 p.m. at Oakland Mills High against the winner of Gwynn Park (12-10) and McDonough (12-9)
- Leading scorer - Lavon Long, senior (14.7 ppg) via MaxPreps
- The last public school in the state that's still undefeated, writes Explore Howard, "They've been tested, playing six games that have been decided by five points or less, but each time the team has dug down and emerged victorious."
Long Reach, Columbia
- 3rd seed in the 2A South region
- Record: 12-7 in the county, 14-8 overall
- First game - Thursday, will take place against the winner Glenelg High (10-12) and Frederick Douglass - PG (11-11) at Long Reach High.
- Leading scorer - Brian Green, senior (15.1 ppg) via MaxPreps
- Long Reach depends on its defense, writes Explore Howard, "during the final eight games of the season... the team didn't allow any opponent to score more than 56 points against them."
- 3rd seed in the 3A East region
- Record: 14-5 in the county, 16-6 overall
- First game in tournament will be against either Hammond (0-22) or Atholton (10-12) on Thursday at Reservoir at 7 p.m.
- Reservoir was playing well at the end of the season, writes Explore Howard, "rolling off seven straight wins by 10 points or more."