Update Tuesday 6:30 a.m.:
All Howard County Public Schools are open today except Bollman Bridge Elementary School, according to the Howard County School System.
Most Howard County Public Schools will open their doors to students Wednesday after two days of cancellations due to Hurricane Sandy, according to the Howard County Public School System (HCPSS).
As of 6 p.m. Tuesday, 10 schools were still without power, according to a statement released by HCPSS. If the power is not on by 5 a.m., the following schools will remain closed:
- Patuxent Valley Middle School
- Wilde Lake Middle School
- Glenelg High School
- Hammond High School
- Wilde Lake High School
- Bollman Bridge Elementary School
- Dayton Oaks Elementary School
- Longfellow Elementary School
- Tridelphia Ridge Elementary School
- Folly Quarter Middle School
A list of schools that remain in the dark as of 5 a.m. Wednesday will be posted on the HCPSS website.