Each week, Patch puts together a list of local activities and events going on in Ellicott City and around the county. Check back weekly and tell us in the comments if you know of any additional activities coming up.
To submit an event in the Patch events calendar, click on “Events” at the top of the page and then click on the green "Add an event" button on the right side of the page.
The Pottery Stop
- Where: 9050 Baltimore National Pike Ellicott City
- When: Open Mon. - Fri. 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.; Sat. 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.; Sun. 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Description: You can always come in and paint some pottery with us! We're always walk-in friendly, we're BYOB and munchies in the evenings, and we just got some super cool new pieces in.
- Cost: Varies
Ben's Bird House
- Where: Benjamin Banneker Historical Park and Museum, 300 Oella Ave
- When: Sat., March 2, 12:30 p.m.
- Description: Come and make your own birdhouse out of empty juice cartons and make bird feeders from plastic bottles to take home. Then join the Naturalists for a short walk and see what birds live nearby! Please call ahead to register.
- Cost: Free
Mustang Flea Market
- Where: Marriotts Ridge High School, 12100 Woodford Dr, Marriottsville
- When: Sat., March 2, 8 a.m.
- Description: Too Big To Be Called A Yard Sale! Browse furniture, baby items, electronics, collectibles, household and sporting goods, clothes, toys, tools, seasonal items and more. (Cash only. No earlybirds please)
- Cost: Free
Flower Arranging-A Master Gardeners Event
- Where: 6020 Daybreak Cir, Clarksville
- When: Saturday, Mar. 2, 5 a.m.
- Description: Participants are invited to learn how to make a table centerpiece using fresh flowers using basic rules for floral design and also learn how to use tools and supplies needed for construction. For adults and teens.
- Cost: Free
HoCoPoLitSo's 35th Annual Irish Evening with Colum McCann
- Where: Howard Community College, 10901 Little Patuxent Pky, Columbia
- When: Friday, Mar. 1, 7:30 p.m.
- Description: International award winning author Colum McCann is HoCoPoLitSo’s guest for its 35th Annual Irish Evening.
- Cost: $30
Silhouette Stages' Production of "The Producers"
- Where: Slayton House, 10400 Cross Fox Ln, Columbia
- When: Friday, Mar. 1, 3 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- Description: Silhouette Stages performs ‘The Producers’, the story of a down-on-his-luck Broadway producer and his accountant who scheme to produce a flop show, bilking their backers out of millions of dollars.
- Cost: $18
Columbia Lady Group Fitness Grand Opening
- Where: 9143 Red Branch Rd Ste F, Columbia
- When: Saturday, Mar. 2, 10 a.m.
- Description: Ladies Only Group Fitness Studio in Columbia invites women to try a free zumba class.
- Cost: Free
All You Can Eat Breakfast
- Where: Elkridge Volunteer Fire Department, 6275 Old Washington Rd, Elkridge
- When: Sunday, Mar. 3, 7:30 a.m.
- Description: Elkridge Fire Department hosts an All-You-Can-Eat Breakfast. Menu includes pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, home fries, baked apples, toast, chipped beef, sausage gravy, fruit salsa, cold cereal, coffee, hot tea, milk and juices. Bake goods will be available. Parking will be held at the Green Valley Marketplace (old Superfresh) parking lot, located at 7280 Montgomery Road, about a quarter mile from the fire station. A shuttle bus will be available.
- Cost: Adults $8 / Seniors $7 / Children (5-12) $5 / Children (under 5) Free
Elkridge Hurricanes 12U Baseball Purses and Pandora Bingo
- Where: St. Augustine Church, 5976 Old Washington Rd, Elkridge
- When: Saturday, Mar. 2, 7 p.m.
- Description: Bingo featuring Coach purses, Vera Bradley bags and Pandora bracelets.
- Cost: $20
2013 Progressive Insurance Baltimore Boat Show
- Where: 1 W Pratt St, Baltimore
- When: Friday, Mar. 1, 11 a.m. – 9 p.m., Saturday, Mar. 2, 10 a.m. – 9 p.m., Sunday, Mar. 3, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Description: Boats, boating accessories, boating activities and more.
- Cost: $12