Invite a friend
HoCo Open 2013 & Nature in Focus exhibits
HoCo Open 2013 is a non-juried, biennial exhibit showcasing work by artists living, working, or studying in Howard County. The exhibit is expected to feature approximately 100 works in a wide variety of styles, including 2-D as well as 3-D works in such diverse media as watercolor, oil painting, collage, line drawing, photography, and ceramics. Nature in Focus features close-up botanical photography by Barbara Hoffman of Peoria, IL, and Richard Weiblinger of Laurel, MD. Hoffman explores the details of plants in decay, exposing the beauty in lines and subtle color, while Weiblinger's delicate flowers glow with color and texture.
The Arts Council and Howard County Tourism (HCT) will hold a reception for both exhibits on Friday, January 25 from 6–8 p.m. and welcome HCT’s partners for a pARTners in ART networking event. The reception includes live music and light refreshments and is free and open to the public. Snow date: Friday, February 1.
Gallery Hours are Monday through Friday 10 a.m. – 8 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., and Sunday 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
More About Howard County Center for the Arts
The Howard County Center for the Arts is a place for visitors to see exhibits and performances, and to take classes and hear lectures on arts and artists.
The Center is overseen by the Howard County Arts Council, which sponsors events and initiatives aimed at strengthening and growing the arts in Howard County. To that end, the Council awards grants and scholarships and sponsors numerous programs.
Other events here
- Resident Visual Artists Exhibit 2013 & Beyond the Surface Daily,
- KINDNESS WORKS: An American Visionary Art Museum Outreach Exhibit Daily,
- Woodblock Printing with Amanda Gordon Miller Sat, Jun 8, 10:00 am–4:00 pm
- Exhibit Reception: Resident Visual Artists Exhibit 2013 & Beyond the Surface Thu, Jun 20, 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Exhibit Reception: Paint It! Ellicott City 2013 Mon, Jul 15, 6:00 pm–8:00 pm