Where To Go on New Year’s Eve 2011
Whether it’s swing dancing or fireworks you’re into, there is a little something for everyone to enjoy this New Year’s Eve.
Here is a list of some of the hottest events taking place around Maryland for New Year's Eve 2011.
- Take in a fireworks display during the Symphony of Lights, Midnight event in Columbia. The party starts at 5 p.m., and includes a bonfire, music, and food. The evening caps off with a fireworks presentation. You can even feel philanthropic as you party, as proceeds from the night will benefit Howard County General Hospital.
- Enjoy the festivities at the NYE Bash at the Rams Head in Savage. The venue is not charging a cover for the night, and there will be a handful of drink specials on the menu. In addition, partygoers will be treated to a beer toast at midnight. You can even continue your party into the New Year with the venue’s New Year’s Day brunch.
- Embrace your inner foodie at the The County Cork Wine Pub:’s New Year’s Eve celebration. The night includes a four-course meal that will consist of such delicacies as butternut squash soup and pan seared salmon. The cost of the event is $40, with live music being performed by the Moe Strings.
- Offering yet another bar experience is the New Year’s Eve Party at the Stained Glass Pub in Elkridge. The party gets started at 9 p.m. with a DJ livening up the dance floor. Party the night away while enjoying a champagne toast at midnight.
- Start the day even earlier with the kids in tow at the Annual Midnight Noon Open Bounce, a children’s event in Westminster that begins at 10 a.m. at Bounce With Me Inflatables. During the event, kids can bounce into the New Year while enjoying crafts and music .
- If it’s more of a fair-like adventure you’re after, head to 5-4-3-2 The New Year, Main Street, a new Westminster tradition that brings the community together in the downtown area for a host of activities. The free event is from 11:30 p.m.- 1 a.m., and is family-friendly.
- If you are a lover of gardens, take a walk through the Garden of Lights during the New Year’s Eve at Brookside Gardens event in Silver Spring. In addition to the venue’s garden, revelers can take part in crafts and listen to music in the visitor’s center.
- And if swing dancing is your passion, do not miss the New Year’s Eve Swing Dance event at Glen Echo Park. For $25, enjoy the sounds of the Tom Cunningham Orchestra while dancing the night away.
For more New Year’s Eve event listings including those in Baltimore city and Baltimore county, check out additional Patch.com coverage here.