In a possible local connection, a man in Maryland might be the owner of the winning Powerball ticket sold in Arizona.
According to a CBS report, footage recorded inside an Upper Marlboro gas station may have caught the winner checking his Powerball ticket for the first time, discovering it's a winner and then showing it off to co-workers and store employees.
In the video, the man, dressed in a neon-yellow jumpsuit, walks into the gas station examines the ticket and becomes visibly surprised and excited.
CBS News caught up with some of the people in the store that day who looked at the ticket and they told the news organization that the man did in fact have the winning numbers. The man reportedly told them he bought the ticket in Arizona.
If so, he'd be splitting the more than $550 million jackpot with a Missouri winner.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Court Docs Shed Light on Slain Blogger's Relationship with Daughter
- 11 Howard County High Schools on 2013 U.S. News ‘Best High Schools’ List
- UPDATE: Dennis Lane's Memorial to Take Place June 4
- Teen Daughter, Boyfriend Indicted in Killing of Ellicott City Blogger
- 7 Things to Do Over Memorial Day Weekend in Howard County