And, there will be plenty of traffic, too.
The Howard County Police want drivers to know in advance where to expect congestion, detours and police officers directing traffic.
On Saturday, Wine in the Woods is bringing 32 Maryland wineries to Symphony Woods. The festival attracts about 30,000 attendees, and with them, a significant amount of traffic. Police warn the roads will be congested all day on Broken Land Parkway and Little Patuxent Parkway, and that delays are especially heavy between 12:30-2 p.m.
The Columbia Triathlon kicks off Sunday at 7 a.m. in Centennial Park. Expect delays on Maryland Route 108 and surrounding roads as athletes take to the streets. Police will be posted along the cycling route and will close some roads temporarily through the event, which lasts until 6 p.m.
Wine in the Woods also continues Sunday, from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
And concerts are scheduled for both nights at Merriweather Post Pavilion. Police caution traffic will be congested on Brokenland Parkway, Little Patuxent Parkway and South Entrance Road.
Carpool, ride a bike, walk if you can.
Know of other events that may cause delays? Click "add" in the top right corner of the map and let us know.
See More on Patch
- Top News: Latin Market Adds Full Restaurant; Bloggers Remember Lane
- Howard County Police to Recognize Officers, Civilians
- Howard County Salamanders Rare Find for Herp Search
- Top News: Nail Salon Shooting Suspect Surrenders, Excitement Over New Pope and Raising Ovarian Cancer Awareness
- Blackjack, Other Live Table Games Coming to Maryland in April
Most Popular articles
- Court Docs Shed Light on Slain Blogger's Relationship with Daughter
- Ellicott City Church Burglarized: Howard County Crime Reports
- 11 Howard County High Schools on 2013 U.S. News ‘Best High Schools’ List
- Teen Daughter, Boyfriend Indicted in Killing of Ellicott City Blogger
- 7 Things to Do Over Memorial Day Weekend in Howard County