You’ve got 182 days, whoever you are.
That’s about six months to claim the $26 million Mega Millions jackpot. But do you really want to wait that long?
According to the Maryland Lottery, the winning numbers (1, 15, 19, 30, 56 and Mega Ball 28) were purchased in Mt. Airy at the Shell Station at 649 Lakeview Drive.
The winning ticket holder isn’t the only one who’s made a pretty penny – the retailer gets a $26,000 commission for selling that golden ticket.
According to a statement released by the Maryland Lottery, the winner has to claim the prize in person at the Baltimore Claims Center and has to decide - $26 million paid over time or $19 million in cash.
The winner – or winners – will share the title of Maryland Mega Millions Jackpot winner with the “Three Amigos,” three Maryland public school employees who split a $218.6 million jackpot last year.
The Mega Millions game is played in 44 states and jurisdictions. Since it began, in 1973, it has paid out more than $19.8 billion in prizes and, according to the statement, $12.8 billion in revenue to the state of Maryland.
See More on Patch
- When Is the Preakness?
- Howard County Police to Recognize Officers, Civilians
- Howard County Fatalities 10 Years After Iraq Invasion
- Top News: Nail Salon Shooting Suspect Surrenders, Excitement Over New Pope and Raising Ovarian Cancer Awareness
- Blackjack, Other Live Table Games Coming to Maryland in April
Most Popular articles
- Court Docs Shed Light on Slain Blogger's Relationship with Daughter
- 11 Howard County High Schools on 2013 U.S. News ‘Best High Schools’ List
- Teen Daughter, Boyfriend Indicted in Killing of Ellicott City Blogger
- UPDATE: Dennis Lane's Memorial to Take Place June 4
- 7 Things to Do Over Memorial Day Weekend in Howard County