(Updated Tuesday at 4:15 a.m.)
The following roads in Howard County are closed and/or blocked, according to county officials:
1164 Ed Warfield Road, Woodbine
Mission Road, Jessup
Day Road, West Howard County
Sharp Road, West Howard County
Pine Road, off Guilford
Old Lawyer’s Hill Road, Elkrdige
Folly Quarter Road, West Friendship
Murray Hill Road, King's Contrivance, Columbia
(Updated Tuesday 9 a.m.)
The following roads in Howard County are closed, according to county officials:
- 8331 Wild Cherry Lane
- South Entrance Road at Route 29
- Wiindsor Forest Road at Montgomery County Line
- 2200 Florence Road
- Shaffersville at Florence
- Shaffersville at Shaffers
- Furnace Ave at county line
- Meadowridge at Cemetery
- Cradlerock at Kerry Hill Court
- McKendree at Rover Mill
- Woodland Road at Route 108
- 8246 Mission Road
(Updated Monday, 8:00 p.m.)
At abut 5:30 p.m. Monday Howard County Council member Courtney Watson wrote on Facebook that according to the Office of Emergency Operations, there were about 30 roads obstructed.
The county’s “strike” team, Watson said, attack road obstructions together, across departmental lines.
And roads are closing and re-opening quickly, which is why we want you to tell us what’s closed now. Just click “add” in the top right corner of the map and put a marker (and a time) where you know of a road closed due to flooding or debris in the roadway.
As of 7:30 p.m., the county listed fhe following roads as closed or compromised:
- Trees are blocking the roadway on the 6200 block of Centennial Lane.
- Tree piees are in the roadway on the 6200 block of Hanover Road.
- Furnace Avenue at the Baltimore County line closed due to high water.
- Meadowridge Road at St. Stephen's Cemetery is closed due to high water.
- Lights are out at Route 1 and Corridor Road.
- There is a tree down near the intersection of Cradlerock Way and Kerry Hill Court.
- A large tree is blocking the road on the 6000 block of Old Lawyer's Hill Road.
- Woodland Road at Route 108 is closed because of high water.
- Lights are out on Route 40 at Turf Valley.
- A tree is down at the intersection of Lightningview Road and Racegate Run.
- Trees and wires are down on Triadelphia Road between Conchita Drive and Lakeway Drive.
- A tree is blocking the road at 8531 Winter Pasture Way.
- Power lines and trees are down on the 7100 block of Sanner Road.
- Montgomery Road between Old Washington Boulevard and Washington Boulevard is closed due to low-hanging wires.
- Wires ae down on the 7000 block of Kit Kat Road.
- Lights are out on Rt. 108 from Sanner to Ten Oaks.
Let us know where the roads are closed by you. Click "add" in the top right corner of the map and put a marker where you know a road is closed.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Court Docs Shed Light on Slain Blogger's Relationship with Daughter
- 11 Howard County High Schools on 2013 U.S. News ‘Best High Schools’ List
- Teen Daughter, Boyfriend Indicted in Killing of Ellicott City Blogger
- 7 Things to Do Over Memorial Day Weekend in Howard County
- Ellicott City Church Burglarized: Howard County Crime Reports