Looking for an office space that’s not in a strip mall? Want to work in a building full of Ellicott City history?
Owned by the Historical Society, which now shares a new space with the Miller Branch Library, the building is valued at $298,000, according to the state’s Department of Assessment and Taxation. The rent is $1,980 per month.
According to the Maryland Historical Trust, part of the building dates back as far as 1812 when it was used as a hospital. The building was sold to the Ellicott’s in 1820 to be used as a school.
The building changed owners several times until, in 1951, Mary Getz Weir and her husband, John, sold it to the Howard County Board of County Commissioners for $12,000. Since then, one government authority or another has owned the building, according to the trust.
The building is 3,334 square feet and sits on more than 15,600 square feet of land.
It’s advertised on Coldwell Banker as “Ready commercial office space,” featuring “Reception, meeting, office, storage and library space for your new, expanded or downsizing needs.”