Ellicott Mills Middle is National Blue Ribbon Winner
Montgomery Road school is one of seven Maryland schools to be honored
Ellicott Mills Middle School is one of seven Maryland schools to be named a 2010 National Blue Ribbon winner by the United States Department of Education.
Ellicott Mills, at 4445 Montgomery Road, is one of 304 schools nationwide to receive the designation. The award goes to elementary, middle and high schools that have performed at high levels or have made significant progress in achievement among disadvantaged or minority students.
There were 254 public schools and 50 private schools honored nationwide. The 2010 Blue Ribbon winners located in Maryland are:
- Ellicott Mills Middle School in Ellicott City, Howard County
- Eastern Technical High in Essex, Baltimore County
- New Market Elementary School in New Market, Frederick County
- Northern Middle School in Owings, Calvert County
- Northwestern Elementary School in Mardela Springs, Wicomico County
- St. John the Baptist School in Silver Spring, Montgomery County (private)
- St. Louis School in Clarksville in Clarksville, Howard County (private)
The schools will be honored Nov. 15-16 in Washington, D.C.
Ellicott Mills Middle School was recognized in 2009 as a Maryland Blue Ribbon School for Excellence. The Maryland State Department of Education gave the award to six schools for accelerated student achievement and improved Maryland State Assessments scores.